Quick and delicious, healthy, and satisfying! Fresh strawberries, mozzarella, and basil with optional balsamic glaze on wooden skewers make the perfect summer snack or party appetizer.
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
How about a strawberry salad…on a stick? This is a quick and easy kabob appetizer that can be put together in minutes, and perfect for any summer get-together…or when you want to pretend it’s summer! It’s a fun twist on a traditional Caprese salad that replaces tomatoes with strawberries.
Strawberry Caprese Skewers
The strawberries pair wonderfully with the rich balsamic glaze and fresh basil. These skewers are the perfect fix when you need something sweet but want to keep it healthy, yet satisfying.
16 fresh strawberries
32 fresh basil leaves
16 mini mozzarella balls
1 cup Balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup honey
You will also need:
Begin by washing the strawberries and cutting them in half, horizontally leaving the husk intact. Also wash the basil leaves and pat them dry.
Prepare the glaze by adding the Balsamic vinegar and honey to a small saute pan over medium-high heat until it reduces into a syrupy glaze. Set it aside and let it cool to room temperature.
Grab your wooden skewers (I highly recommend using a 6 inch bamboo skewer because it is a perfect size ) and thread the top half of one strawberry onto the skewer with the hull side facing up.
Next, fold one basil leaf in half, keeping the dark side facing out, and thread it onto the skewer. Now add a Bocconcini mozzarella ball followed by another basil leaf and the bottom of the strawberry.
Repeat all the steps again until you have 16 kabobs completed. Drizzle the glaze over the skewers and serve.
If you are a fan of strawberries, check out some of my other recipes:
These Strawberry Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze are the perfect summer snack or party finger food appetizer! They are quick and easy to make and everyone will love them.
Let me know when you give these strawberry skewers a try for a snack or an appetizer – snap a photo and tag @coolbeanliving on Instagram. I’d love to see it!
Strawberry Caprese Skewers
- 16 six inch wooden skewers
- 16 fresh strawberries washed, cut in half, hull intact
- 32 fresh basil leaves washed and patted dry
- 16 mini mozzarella balls
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- Prepare the glaze by adding the balsamic vinegar and honey to a small saute pan over medium high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until it is reduced to a glaze.
- Remove glaze from heat. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Thread the top half of one strawberry onto a wooden skewer with the hull facing up. Next, fold one basil leaf in half, dark side facing out, and add it to the skewer. Add one mini mozzarella ball, followed by another folded basil leaf, and the bottom half of the strawberry.
- Repeat with the remaining strawberries, basil, and mozzarella until you have 16 skewers.
- Drizzle glaze over the skewers and serve.