This simple vegetable medley is made with just one sheet pan and roasted to perfection in the oven for a healthy and delicious side dish.
I think a side dish is just as important to a meal as the main entre. If that side dish happens to be delicious and healthy vegetables, then it is a huge plus.
This recipe combines Brussel sprouts, red onion, portabello mushrooms and sweet peppers. It’s low in calories, high in fiber, gluten-free, and filled with vitamins and minerals.
You can learn the nutrition benefits of just about every vegetable with the comprehensive chart found at NutritionAdvance.com.
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
I love the colors of these vegetables, and the roasting deepens and intensifies the inherent sweetness of the vegetables, too.
1 lb mini sweet peppers, seeded & cut in half
1 lb Portabello mushrooms, sliced
1 lb Brussel sprouts, trimmed & halved
1 large red onion, sliced
2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
salt & pepper, to taste
If you don’t have the vegetables used here, feel free to substitute any sturdy veggie you have on hand, such as carrots, fennel, parsnips, and eggplant. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover vegetables you may have sitting in your refrigerator.
You’ll want to make sure you have all your veggies cut before you are ready to make your side dish.
In a large mixing bowl, add peppers, mushrooms, onion, and Brussel sprouts. Add in the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, olive oil, and Balsamic vinegar. You’ll want to gently toss it all together, then season, to taste, with your salt & pepper.
Next, arrange the seasoned vegetables on the prepared sheet pan in a single layer. Don’t overcrowd the vegetables. If they don’t all fit, use a second pan instead of cramming them close together.
Place your baking sheet in your pre-heated oven and roast for about 40 – 45 minutes, flipping half way through. The vegetables are done once they are tender and begin to caramelize.
Serve with your favorite main course and enjoy! If you have any leftovers, store them in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
For other vegetable side dishes, check out:
Dress up any meal with these healthy and tasty oven roasted vegetables that are super simple to make with one sheet pan.
Did you make these yummy veggies? Let me know in the comments below.
Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
- 1 lb mini sweet peppers seeded, cut in half
- 1 lb Portabello mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts trimmed, halved
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425°, and line baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add peppers, mushrooms, onion, and Brussel sprouts. Add in garlic powder, Italian seasoning, olive oil, Balsamic vinegar; gently toss to combine. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Arrange seasoned vegetables on prepared sheet pan in a single layer without overcrowding.
- Place baking sheet in pre-heated oven and roast for about 45 minutes, flipping half way through. Vegetables are done once they are tender and begin to caramelize.