These colorful oven-roasted root vegetables come together quickly and easily with an earthy flavor and make a perfect, healthy side dish.
I always feel like a side dish makes or breaks a meal. So when I find a side dish that is healthy, quick, and easy to make, is full of flavor and looks great with any meal…it’s a keeper, for sure.
That’s what this delicious medley of beets, carrots, and onions is. It’s a colorful and tasty oven-roasted hearty vegetable blend.
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Oven Roasted Beets, Carrots & Onions
The beets, carrots and onions intensify in flavor as they roast, so you end up with a side dish that has vibrant flavors as well as vibrant colors.
1 large red beet, peeled and sliced
12 oz petite carrots
1 medium red onion, sliced
½ tbsp vegetable seasoning blend
2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and black pepper, to taste
To make this simple dish, start by preheating the oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with your favorite non-stick cooking spray.
If you have followed many of my other recipes, you’ll know how I love to sing the praises of this gourmet vegetable seasoning blend. I add it to just about anything that I roast, whether it’s a vegetable or meat. It just makes everything taste better. If you can’t find the blend locally, it is available on Amazon or you can create something similar by combining:
Some of my other recipes that use this seasoning blend:
Spread the seasoned veggies in a single layer on the baking sheet. Place the pan in the preheated oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until the veggies are fork-tender.
That’s it! So simple and delicious.
Give this oven-roasted root vegetable side a try when you are looking for a healthy, delicious dish that will brighten up any meal.
These beets, carrots, and onions pair up perfectly with my Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin with Orange Honey Glaze. Give it a try!
Roasted Beets, Carrots and Onions
- 1 large red beet peeled and sliced
- 12 oz petite baby carrots
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp vegetable seasoning blend
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the beets, carrots, and red onion with olive oil, vegetable blend and thyme leaves. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and spread the veggies in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until the veggies are fork tender.