Stay warm and cozy with this delicious and easy to make Peppermint Hot Cocoa.
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Is there anything more delicious than hot cocoa on a cold day? There is if it’s peppermint hot cocoa! This creamy hot chocolate with peppermint flavoring is perfect after a day of holiday shopping or sledding.
I love the festive colors and scent of peppermint. It gives me the warm fuzzies. I was so excited to find these adorable mugs which are perfect for this warm beverage. If you love the mugs I used as much as I do, you can find them here on Amazon.
This is a simple recipe that can be made in just a few minutes, with just a few ingredients.
To crush peppermint, put the peppermint candy into a zip baggie and seal. Run a rolling pin back and forth over the candy until it is crushed. Or, you can purchase it already crushed here.
Variations for Peppermint Hot Cocoa
- I use whole milk for a creamy, rich taste but you can certainly use 2% or skim milk if you prefer.
- Young kids love marshmallows, so feel free to top the hot cocoa with a pile of mini marshmallows instead of the whipped cream.
- For a fun twist, toss in several ice cubes before adding the peppermint mocha creamer. Top with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate syrup and the crushed peppermints and you’ll have yourself a frozen peppermint hot chocolate.
This super quick and easy Peppermint Hot Chocolate is sure to be a hit on a cold day.
Let me know if you make yourself a cup of this peppermint hot cocoa by leaving a comment below.
Peppermint Hot Cocoa
- 1 cup hot cocoa mix
- 2¼ cups whole milk
- 1½ cups peppermint mocha creamer
- whipped cream
- crushed peppermint candy
- Pour milk into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Slowly add peppermint creamer and gently simmer. Remove from heat.
- Put a ¼ cup of hot cocoa mix into each mug.
- Carefully pour the milk mix evenly into each mug and stir.
- If desired, top with whipped cream and sprinkle crushed peppermint.