These crispy baked Parmesan zucchini fries are a healthy alternative to french fries and are easy to make. Enjoy them as a side dish with any meal or with your favorite dip for a delicious snack or party appetizer.
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Baked zucchini fries are a perfect healthy side dish or snack that you will love.
I have been making a conscious effort to eat better this year. One way to make the transition into healthier eating a little easier is to take food I would normally eat and find a delicious, but much healthier, low-carb alternative. As a better choice than french fries, I am sharing my recipe for Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries.
There are a million ways to make vegetables, but my very favorite is to roast vegetables. Zucchini cooks fairly quickly. Its mild flavor pairs well with lots of different spices and it’s always fun experimenting.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries
Choose 3 small zucchini to create this recipe. I use the smaller sized zucchini because they generally are more firm, and won’t easily become soggy. There is no need to remove the skin of the zucchini. It will soften as it roasts, and is loaded with fiber.
Gently wash and pat dry your zucchini. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise, then cut each of the halves again lengthwise until quartered.
You will need 3 small bowls. One for flour, one for the eggs, and the last one for the cheese and spices.
I use a very specific roasted vegetable spice blend for this recipe and for many of my other recipes such as:
Air Fryer Glazed Pork Chops
Air Fryer Seasoned Sweet Potatoes
Sauteed Green Beans
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
This vegetable seasoning blend is awesome! I highly recommend it. However, if you don’t have it on hand, you can make your own similar seasoning blend:
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. celery seed
Dip each piece of zucchini in the flour, then dredge in the eggs until well coated, and then finally into the cheese mix before transferring to the lined baking sheet.
If you enjoy these baked zucchini fries, you may also enjoy my Italian Style Stuffed Zucchini.
Make these crispy Zucchini Fries in the oven or in the air fryer for a healthy side dish or snack.
After you try these zucchini fries, either in the oven or the air fryer, leave me a comment below and tell me how they turned out!
Roasted Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- 3 small zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 tbsp The Gourmet Collection Roast Vegetables & Fries Spice Blend®
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash and dry zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise, then cut the halves lengthwise again until quartered.
- Place the flour in a small bowl.
- In a second small bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In a third small bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, vegetable spice blend, and salt & pepper.
- Dip each piece in the flour, then dredge in the eggs until well coated, and then finally into the cheese mix before transferring to the lined baking sheet.
- Put into the oven and roast for 12 minutes. Flip the fries and continue to roast another 12 minutes.
- Fries are done when they are golden in color and crispy.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Serve plain or with your favorite dipping sauce.
Air Fryer Method
- Follow steps 2 - 6 above.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray, and preheat to 400°F.
- Cook for 12 minutes, flipping zucchini over after 6 minutes.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 from above.