This quick, healthy, and Keto-friendly one-skillet recipe for Mozzarella Chicken Thighs is sure to become a family favorite!
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
There’s nothing like an easy and quick one-pan meal. A delicious and fast dinner, that is also healthy, just can’t be beaten.
Another one-pan chicken meal to enjoy is my Pecorino Chicken.
Keto Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
To make this recipe, you’ll need a sturdy skillet that is oven-safe. A good rule of thumb when choosing the perfect oven-ready skillet is to make sure it can withstand heat up to 500°F. It should be able to be used on the stovetop, in the oven and in the broiler. The oven-safe skillet I use can even be stored in the freezer and can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
If you do not have an oven-safe pan to use, you can still make this main dish. Simply (but carefully) transfer the chicken thighs, after searing them, into a baking pan and follow the rest of the recipe directions.
I like to use multi-colored tomatoes because it gives such a great color to the finished dish, but any tomatoes will be fine, just be sure to cut them in bite-size pieces.
Be sure to check out my other chicken recipes:
I know you’ll enjoy this quick and easy recipe for keto mozzarella and tomato chicken thighs that cook in one skillet as much as I do.
When you give this chicken thighs recipe a try, leave me a comment and tell me how you liked it!
One Pan Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
- 2 lb chicken thighs boneless
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp Italian seasoning divided
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt % pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Rub the remaining olive oil on the chicken thighs. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with one tablespoon of the Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken thighs into heated pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat.
- Add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes to pan. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and then sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Add additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Transfer skillet into the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top chicken with some of the pan sauce and sprinkle with fresh basil, if desired.