This recipe for creamy Mashed Cauliflower is a great dairy-free and low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes.
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Many people are eating a little differently than they once did. Maybe it’s for health reasons, or maybe it’s to try a popular diet, or even just to be more health-conscious.
These “faux mashed potatoes” are gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb, and Paleo-friendly. That covers a large number of diets! With the holidays coming, this cauliflower mash will be a real crowd-pleaser.
This side dish is easy to make, is done quickly, and requires only a few ingredients.
Here’s a great cauliflower video from Deronda at Foods101WithDeronda. She’s going to show you how easy it is to steam cauliflower.
- For the creamiest mash, use more florets and fewer stems
- Make sure cauliflower is fall-apart soft after steaming
- Can be refrigerated for 3 – 5 days in an airtight container
- Freezes well in an airtight container or freezer bag
The very best way to get your cauliflower super soft is by steaming it.
A powerful, yet easy to use food processor is an essential kitchen must-have.
If you are looking for another fabulous cauliflower recipe, give my Cauliflower Gnocchi with Butternut Squash a try.
You will never miss traditional mashed potatoes once you try this creamy, smooth mashed cauliflower recipe.
Give it a try and let me know your thoughts in the comments!
- 1 medium cauliflower head florets only
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped chives optional garnish
- Place the cauliflower florets and the garlic cloves into a steamer basket set over a pot of gently boiling water. Cover and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender, around 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender and add the olive oil, almond milk, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings, as desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with fresh chives before serving.