Simple to make Instant Pot vegan vegetable soup, full of flavor, and perfect for a quick, healthy comfort meal to warm you up.
There’s nothing like enjoying a warm bowl of soup when there’s a chill in the air. It’s like wrapping yourself in a cozy blanket! This vegetable soup is great for any fall or winter weeknight meal.
This soup recipe works for many different dietary needs. It is gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian. It can easily be made Keto-friendly by omitting the potatoes.
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
This delicious and hearty Instant Pot soup is ready in about 45 minutes from start to finish, making it a convenient quick weeknight dinner.
Vegan Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
There are countless variations of fresh vegetables and herbs that can be incorporated into this soup, however, I do recommend choosing organic whenever possible.
4 large celery stalks, chopped
4 large carrots, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 lb red potatoes, cubed
1 pint cherry (or grape) tomatoes, chopped
2 cups baby kale, roughly chopped
6 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper, to taste
Gather together all your vegetables for chopping. When I make this soup, I don’t finely chop the veggies. It’s just personal preference, but I leave them a bit larger.
Add the olive oil to your pressure cooker. Put it on the sauté function, then toss in the chopped celery, carrots, and onion. Season with the garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir well.
Sauté until the vegetables begin to brown. Keep stirring. It usually takes about 5 minutes or so. Once they are browned, pour in the vegetable broth and turn the pressure cooker off.
To the pot, add in the potatoes, tomatoes, and bay leaves. Lock the lid into place and switch the vent to sealing, then set to the manual setting for 3 minutes.
When the cooking time ends, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before manually releasing any remaining pressure.
Remove the lid and discard the bay leaves. Now, stir in the baby kale. I have also used baby spinach before and it turns out great either way. I like to add a bit more salt & pepper, and then it’s ready for serving.
Be sure to check out some of my other soups:
This delicious vegan vegetable soup made in the Instant Pot is sure to become a favorite whenever you need a fast and easy healthy dinner.
Did you give this soup a try? Let me know in the comments below!
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Pressure cooker
- 4 large celery stalks chopped
- 4 large carrots sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 lb red potatoes cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups baby kale roughly chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to pressure cooker and select the sauté function. Add celery, carrots, onion, garlic powder, chili powder, and season with salt & pepper, to taste. Stir.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Pour in broth, and stir. Turn the unit off.
- Add the potatoes to the pressure cooker pot along with bay leaves and tomatoes. Put on lid; lock into place. Switch the vent to sealing, then set to the manual setting for 3 minutes.
- Once cook time has ended, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before manually releasing any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and discard bay leaves. Stir in baby kale. If desired, season with additional salt & pepper. Mix well, and serve.