This Grilled Corn & Avocado Salad is so quick and easy to make! It’s fresh and tasty, and the perfect side salad to enjoy especially in the summer and early fall months.
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
This amazing salad holds all the flavors of summer in one incredibly delicious bounty.
Grilled Corn & Avocado Salad
This recipe is super easy to put together and it contains things you are likely picking up fresh this week at your local farmer’s market.
2 large ears fresh corn, husks removed
1 large avocado, chopped
1 lb. grape tomatoes, halved
1 medium red onion, halved and sliced thick
¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 tbsp. butter, melted
Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the grill. Brush the corn with melted butter.
Place corn and red onion slices on grill over medium heat. Cook until corn kernels become slightly charred, then rotate one-quarter turn every few minutes until each side is done. Flip onions once during cooking. Remove veggies from heat.
With a sharp knife, slice the kernels from the cob. Watch the video clip below for a simple way to slice the kernels.
Put the kernels and red onions in a large salad bowl and set aside. Add the tomatoes, avocado, fresh parsley, and lime juice to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper and then gently combine.
That’s all there is to it! Pretty simple, right?
If corn is not in season, you can use 1 cup of frozen or canned corn (drained) instead. Just cook it according to packaging.
If you don’t have fresh parsley, fresh basil makes a great substitute.
When picking out an avocado for this salad, choose a firm one. And, when you are mixing the ingredients together, be sure to mix gently so the avocado doesn’t break apart.
I know you are going to love this flavorful veggie salad with off-the-ear charred corn and rich avocado that’s firm yet creamy. Delicious!
Did you try this fresh summer salad? Let me know in the comments below.
Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad
- 2 large ears fresh corn husks removed
- 1 large avocado chopped
- 1 lb grape tomatoes halved
- 1 medium red onion halved and sliced thick
- ¼ cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill. Brush the corn with melted butter.
- Place corn and red onion slices on grill over medium heat. Cook until corn kernels are lightly charred, then rotate ¼ turn every few minutes until each side is done. Flip onions once during cooking. Remove vegetables from heat.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the kernels from the cob. Put kernels and red onions in a large salad bowl; set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, avocado, fresh parsley, and lime juice to the bowl. Season with salt & pepper, to taste, then gently combine and serve.