You are going to love these quick and healthy Greek Salads on a Stick!
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
I love a summer get-together. A backyard party for any occasion, or even no occasion at all, with family, friends, and good food just can’t be beat. Throw in some Sangria (be sure to check out my super awesome recipe for Sangria here), and I’m a happy camper. Know what else makes me a happy camper? When I can prepare a dish for one of these parties that requires no cooking. None. Zero cooking.
Greek Salad Skewers
This super easy appetizer is perfect for any summer gathering…actually, there’s no reason why it can’t be served in the fall, winter or spring. I guess it’s just nice not to have to cook when it’s hot out.
Since this appetizer is gluten-free, it’s appealing for a diverse crowd. You can easily adapt the amounts to make this dish for a much larger crowd. When planning out how many to prepare, I generally figure on 3 Greek Salad Sticks per person.
Be sure to use 8 inch bamboo skewers to make these kabobs. A 10 or 12 inch skewer would be too large. Also, try not to use skewers that are pointy at both ends. You could use them that way, of course, but then the sticks wouldn’t be able to stand on their own, you’d have to lay them flat.
They really do make a nice, colorful presentation. When given a choice of a bunch of appetizers, I’m telling you, people always gravitate to these first!
These Greek Salads on a Stick make quick, easy and healthy snacks or party appetizers.
When you give these Greek salad sticks a try, please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought!
Greek Salad Skewers
- 1 cucumber cut in 12 equal slices
- 8 oz feta cheese cut in 12 equal squares
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 large black olives pitted
- olive oil to drizzle
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Arrange cucumber slices on a serving platter and top each with a chunk of feta cheese.
- Gently press the flat end of a wooden skewer through the cheese and cucumber until secure, then add a tomato, followed by a black olive to top each skewer.
- Right before serving, drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the kabobs and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.