This flavorful Keto, Paleo, and low-carb 30-minute meal is served in a bowl and is much more healthy than a traditional deep-fried egg roll.
This quick stir fry meal has all the great taste of a classic egg roll without the crispy, greasy wrapper.
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
This simple recipe takes just about 30 minutes from start to finish.
1¼ lb. pork sausage
3 cups green cabbage, shredded
1 medium carrot, shredded
2 tbsp green onions, chopped
¼ cup water
½ tbsp fresh ginger, finely minced
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp tamari
½ tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper, to taste
You’ll want to begin by thinly shredding the cabbage and the carrots and finely chopping the green onions and the ginger.
Heat the wok over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, breaking it up into tiny pieces as it cooks. Once the sausage is no longer pink, remove the wok from heat and carefully drain grease from the pan.
Wipe off any excess fat that drips down the side of the pan.
Return the wok to the heat and add the water. Lower the temperature to medium heat and add in the shredded cabbage, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil, ginger, and green onions. Season with salt & pepper, to taste. Continue to cook, stirring continuously, until the cabbage wilts and the carrot softens.
Add in the rice vinegar and tamari, and continue to stir. Cook another few minutes until heated through. Don’t have tamari on hand? Whole Foods has free two-hour delivery for Amazon Prime members.
Remove the wok from the heat and transfer the stir fry to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
You can serve it just as it is or on top of a bed of rice. If you are keeping this low-carb and Keto, be sure to make it cauliflower rice.
For other Keto recipes, try:
This simple Egg Roll in a Bowl makes a tasty quick, and healthy meal you are going to love!
Have you tried this Egg Roll in a Bowl? Let me know in the comments below.
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1¼ lbs pork sausage
- 3 cups green cabbage shredded
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 2 tbsp green onion chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Heat wok over medium-high heat. Add sausage, breaking it up into tiny pieces as it cooks, about 5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Remove from heat and carefully drain grease from pan.
- Return wok to heat and add water. Lower heat to medium and add in cabbage, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil, ginger, and green onions. Season with salt & pepper, to taste. Continue to cook, stirring continuously, until the cabbage wilts and the carrot softens.
- Add rice vinegar and tamari, continue to stir. Cook another 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.