This quick and easy vanilla milkshake recipe is a classic treat that features a delicious chocolate rim decorated with candy sprinkles.
I don’t know about you, but milkshakes always make me smile. They bring back such great memories of the days of sitting at a diner counter as a kid. The milkshake would arrive in the classic parfait glass with the extra in the metal shaker. Remember those days?
Well, I am going to show you how to make your own fabulous milkshake to enjoy.
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
This is such a fun recipe to make with the kids. They will love to help make this thick and creamy milkshake, especially when they get to eat their creation!
Easy Thick Vanilla Milkshake
It really takes no time at all to whip this milkshake together.
3 cups vanilla ice cream
⅓ cup whole milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
⅓ cup rainbow sprinkles
¼ cup mini chocolate chips
Start by pouring the rainbow sprinkles onto a shallow plate. The easiest way to prepare for the chocolate rim is to place a ramekin upside down into the center of a medium bowl. Make sure the bowl is wide enough to fit the top of the glass inside around the ramekin.
Pour the mini chocolate chips around the ramekin and melt in the microwave at 50% power for 90 seconds. Break the chocolate up gently to see if it is melted, if not return to the microwave in increments of 30 seconds.
Before the chocolate hardens, dip the top of the glasses into the chocolate. Now roll the chocolate rimmed glasses into the candy sprinkles until chocolate is completely coated. Turn glass upright to dry.
Pour the ice cream, milk, and vanilla extract into the blender and blend until it is smooth. If you would like a thinner milkshake, slowly add more milk. If you like it very thick, add a few chopped ice cubes.
Once you’ve reached the desired consistency, pour the shake into the prepared glass. Top with whipped cream, additional rainbow sprinkles, and a Maraschino cherry.
Some fun add-ins or topper ideas are mini chocolate chips, broken pieces of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, broken pieces of chocolate chip cookies, or even broken brownie pieces.
A grown-up variation would be to add a shot of Bailey’s Irish Cream, Kahlua or flavored vodka into the blender for a boozy milkshake.
This is a perfect classic vanilla milkshake with a fun, colorful, and yummy chocolate and rainbow sprinkled rim that will be enjoyed by all.
Did you give this creamy milkshake a try? Let me know in the comments below.
Thick Vanilla Milkshakes
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup rainbow sprinkles
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Pour rainbow sprinkles onto plate.
- Place ramekin upside down onto center of medium bowl. Pour the mini chocolate chips around the ramekin and melt in the microwave at 50% power for 90 seconds. Break the chocolate up gently to see if it is melted, if not return to the microwave in increments of 30 seconds.
- Dip the top of the glasses into the chocolate. Roll the chocolate rimmed glasses into the rainbow sprinkles until chocolate is completely coated.
- Add ice cream, milk and vanilla extract to blend. Blend until smooth.
- Pour milkshake into prepared glasses. Top with whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles and Maraschino cherry, if desired.