Put this tasty gluten-free Parmesan Crusted Tilapia on the menu tonight and it will be ready to eat in 10 minutes!
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Don’t we all love a main course that cooks in less than 10 minutes? I hope you are nodding yes because heck yeah, we sure do! This light and flaky fish is prepared under the broiler, which makes it super quick.
This is a gluten-free meal, but the ingredients can be easily adapted to suit your needs …or suited to what’s in your pantry.
I know you’ll love this tilapia dish, not just because of how good it is but also because of how fast it can be made.
Tilapia really doesn’t have much of a fishy odor and it has a very mild taste. Case in point – my husband despises all seafood. No shrimp, no salmon, no clams, no crabs, no lobster, no nuthin’. That all being said, he really, really likes this crusted parmesan tilapia! I can’t even remember how I got him to try it initially, but since then he has actually asked for me to make it. So, it must be good, right?
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
I use my favorite seasoning blend for this dish. It is labeled as roasted vegetables and fries seasoning, however, I use it for so many things in addition to veggies!
This blend of seasonings is fantastic on chicken, pork and fish. I’ve never even tried it on fries, to be honest, but I am sure it would be absolutely fabulous. If you aren’t able to get this particular seasoning blend, you can create a similar blend on your own by combining:
Check out my other recipes with this seasoning blend:
- If you use frozen tilapia, make sure to defrost the fillets before putting them under the broiler.
- You can easily swap the lemon juice for fresh squeezed lemon.
- You can substitute plain Greek yogurt for the avocado mayo. You could also use regular mayo, but it may no longer be a gluten-free dish, so be sure to check the label.
- You’ll want to add foil to the baking sheet for easy cleanup.
Start by lining a baking sheet with foil and lightly spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, combine the parmesan cheese, softened butter, avocado mayo, lemon juice, seasoning blend, and salt and pepper in small bowl, then set aside.
Move the oven rack to the top position, and turn the broiler on high. You’ll want to place the thawed tilapia on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for 4 minutes.
Carefully remove the tray of tilapia from the oven. Turn the fish fillets over and coat the top of each with the parmesan mixture. Return to the broiler for 4 additional minutes.
This is delicious Parmesan Crusted Tilapia is going to make a quick, easy and delicious dinner any night of the week.
When you give this quick and easy gluten-free parmesan crusted tilapia a try, let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Crusted Parmesan Tilapia
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 1½ tbsp avocado mayo
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp The Gourmet Collection Roast Vegetables & Fries Spice Blend®
- salt & pepper to taste
- Line baking sheet with foil. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the parmesan cheese, butter, avocado mayo, lemon juice, seasoning blend, and salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Move oven rack to the top position. Turn broiler on high.
- Place tilapia on baking sheet lined with foil. Broil for 4 minutes.
- Remove tilapia from oven; turn fillets over and coat with parmesan mixture.
- Return to oven for 4 additional minutes.