These Broccoli Chicken and Cheese Sandwich Pockets are so easy and delicious, you’ll never need to buy the frozen kind again when you can make them fresh out of your oven.
If you and your family are fans of “hot pockets”, you are going to love today’s recipe.
It is a much healthier version of the frozen food favorite since there are no preservatives and you are in charge of the ingredients…and isn’t it great when you can actually pronounce the ingredients you are eating?!
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
I suggest making a bunch at once and then freezing them. You will always have a quick, easy, and delicious meal that can be warmed up in no time. It is perfect for busy nights when there just isn’t time to cook.
If you are a fan of these chicken pockets, give my quick and easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap a try, I think you’ll enjoy it.
Cheddar Broccoli Chicken Hot Pockets
The prep for these cheddar broccoli chicken pockets is pretty simple. I use a store-bought bread dough to make things as easy as possible, but you can, of course, make your own favorite dough from scratch.
Do you have favorite utensils that you use when you are cooking? One of my favorites is my basting brush. Sounds silly, right? But seriously, I love it and it’s perfect for these homemade hot pockets. It also comes in lot of different colors to match your kitchen (mine is red!).
1 tube refrigerated bread dough
2 cups boneless chicken breasts cooked and cut in small pieces
2 cups broccoli steamed and chopped
2 oz cream cheese softened
2 cups cheddar shredded
½ cup olive oil
½ tbsp dried Italian seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 400°. Mix olive oil and seasonings in small bowl and set it aside.
Roll bread dough onto a floured surface into a large rectangle then cut into 4 even pieces.
Spread cream cheese over the middle section of each piece of dough. Place 1/2 cup diced chicken, 1/4 cup steamed chopped broccoli, and 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese onto each piece of dough.
Fold up ends of dough over the filling mixture and fold opposite ends up and over. Seal seams shut. Place pockets on a baking sheet, seam side down. Cut a slit to vent in the center of each pocket and then baste them with the oil mixture.
Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Leave the chicken out for just cheddar and broccoli.
- Replace the chicken with turkey, if desired.
- Make it a breakfast hot pocket with scrambled eggs, cheddar, and bacon.
- A little pizza sauce with pepperoni and shredded mozzarella makes a great substitution for pizza night.
- You can never go wrong with ham and cheese.
- Roll out your dough to be 1/4 inch thick for best results.
- Gently wet the pieces of dough that you will be sealing together and pinch the seams to seal completely.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray on baking sheet to prevent pockets from sticking or use a non-stick aluminum foil.
Be sure to check out some of my other chicken recipes:
I know you’ll love these quick and easy to make Cheddar Broccoli Chicken Pockets as a much healthier option than frozen pockets.
Did you make these homemade versions of Hot Pockets? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Cheddar Broccoli Chicken Hot Pockets
- 1 tube refrigerated bread dough
- 2 cups boneless chicken breasts cooked, small cubes
- 2 cups broccoli steamed and chopped
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups cheddar shredded
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Mix olive oil and seasonings in small bowl; set aside.
- Roll bread dough onto floured surface into large rectangle; cut into 4 even pieces.
- Spread cream cheese over middle section of each piece of dough.
- Place 1/2 cup diced chicken, 1/4 cup steamed chopped broccoli, and 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese onto each piece of dough.
- Fold up ends of dough over the filling mixture and fold opposite ends up and over. Seal seams shut. Place pockets on baking sheet, seam side down. Cut a slit to vent in the center of each pocket and then baste them with oil mixture.
- Bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes, until golden brown.