Enjoy this creamy and cheesy dish of loaded cauliflower au gratin without any guilt. It’s a great high-protein, low-carb, gluten-free, keto recipe that the entire family will love.
This amazing side dish is a big hit at my house. We have been trying to eat fewer carbs, and this cauliflower au gratin is perfect for that. The cauliflower is baked until tender and it’s all cheesy and bubbly – mmm!
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
This loaded cauliflower au gratin makes a delicious holiday side dish. It’s a favorite on Thanksgiving, but it is simple enough to serve all year long.
I have a bunch of other fantastic holiday recipes you may enjoy, also.
How To Make Cauliflower Au Gratin
Besides being super creamy and cheesy, I really love how easy it is to make this loaded cauliflower side dish.
4 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
6 oz cream cheese, cut up
¼ cup heavy cream
1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
¼ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp dried dill
salt & pepper, to taste
1 tbsp chives, optional
Preheat the oven to 400°F. I usually set the oven rack to the middle, but if you are cooking other dishes, you can put it wherever is most convenient.
You’ll want to place your washed and chopped cauliflower into a steamer basket over the top of a pot with boiling water, then steam until fork-tender, about 6-7 minutes.
Once the cauliflower is tender, remove it from the heat and transfer it into a cold water bath to prevent further cooking. Drain it well and pat dry.
Transfer the cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and add cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, garlic powder, and dried dill. Season with salt & black pepper, to taste, and combine it all together.
Pour your cauliflower mixture into an oven-safe casserole dish. Top with shredded cheeses and crumbled bacon. Place it in your preheated oven and roast until cheese is melted and nicely browned on top, which should take around 8-10 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with fresh chives, if desired.
Trying to plan out your low-carb meal plan? This printable is a great way to organize and plan your low-carb journey by setting realistic expectations.
Other low-carb recipes to try:
Cauliflower Butternut Squash Gnocchi
Egg Roll in a Bowl
You won’t want to miss this satisfying side dish that eats like a meal. Give this Loaded Cauliflower Au Gratin a try and leave a comment below with how it turned out.
Cauliflower Au Gratin
- 4 cups cauliflower florets chopped
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 6 oz cream cheese cut up
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried dill
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chives optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket on top of a pot with boiling water and steam until fork-tender, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer cauliflower into a cold water bath to prevent further cooking. Drain well and pat dry.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and add cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, garlic powder, and dried dill. Season with salt & black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Pour cauliflower mixture to oven-safe casserole dish and top with shredded cheeses and crumbled bacon. Place in preheated oven and roast until cheese is melted and nicely browned on top, around 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh chives, if desired.