Delicious sweet and savory spiced maple pecans perfect for snacking and elegant enough for entertaining.
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
If you enjoy spiced pecans, you are going to love this recipe. Be forewarned – these pecans are addicting! The amazing cinnamon flavor not only makes these nuts delicious, but it will fill your home with a wonderful aroma while they are roasting.
Sweet & Spicy Pecans
Pecans are surprisingly low-carb. Seasoned and roasted, they make a perfect snack.
Pecans are an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Most of the fat found in pecans is a healthy type called monounsaturated fat. Eating foods with monounsaturated fat instead of foods high in saturated fats (like potato chips) can help lower levels of bad cholesterol.
I also highly recommend setting them out when entertaining. They make fantastic hostess gifts, are a great holiday appetizer, and make a perfect featured item on a cheeseboard.
You’re going to love how easy to make and tasty these seasoned sweet and savory roasted pecan are. Make sure to keep some ready to go for all your holiday entertaining needs.
Did you try these candied pecans? Let me know in the comments below.
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ tbsp allspice
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 cups whole pecans
- ¼ cup granulated sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine rosemary, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, cayenne, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine; set aside.
- Add butter to a small skillet set over medium heat. When the butter is mostly melted, add the honey and maple syrup and stir to combine. Heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss pecans and pour the melted butter mixture on top. Add the spice mixture and stir until the pecans are completely coated in both.
- Transfer the coated pecans to the prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer without overcrowding. Place the baking sheet in the pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes, giving the pecans a good stir after 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle half the sugar on top and stir to combine. Repeat with the remaining sugar and cool completely.