A yummy appetizer or snack of bacon-wrapped cheese-stuffed jalapeno peppers.
With the Superbowl coming up this weekend, I thought I’d post an easy-to-make appetizer that is a real crowd-pleaser.
I am a bit sad my favorite team didn’t make it to the big dance this year. If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you know that team is the Buffalo Bills. Hubby and I have been season ticket holders for over 30 years. Next year is our year. ?
I am a big fan of peppers! They are so versatile. You’ll find them available year-round and they can be incorporated into breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything in between.
Bacon-Wrapped Cheese Jalapeno Peppers
This quick snack comes together easily making it a great choice for enjoying while watching a big game or for your next gathering.
12 jalapeno peppers
12 bacon slices
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper
Any recipe is made easier when you gather and prep all your ingredients before you start, rather than as you go.
Jalapeno peppers: For best results, choose small to medium-sized peppers. Cut them in half length-wise.
Bacon: With a pair of kitchen shears, cut the bacon in half.
Cream cheese: Set the cream cheese out to soften for at least 30 minutes before use.
Cheddar cheese: Shred your own cheddar or use a package of pre-shredded.
How to Make the Recipe
It only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.
Start by getting your ingredients prepped and preheating the oven to 375°F. Place the jalapeno peppers onto a parchment lined baking sheet and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and garlic powder. Season to your liking with salt & black pepper. Stir well to combine.
Fill each jalapeño half with some of the cheese mixture. After the peppers are stuffed, wrap each of them with a one-half slice of bacon. Secure the bacon with a toothpick and set it on the lined baking sheet.
Cool Bean Cooking Tip: The cheese mixture will puff up quite a bit during baking. Try not to overstuff your halved peppers with the cheese filling or it may overflow onto the baking sheet.
Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake until the cheese mixture is a nice golden brown and is beginning to get bubbly (approximately 20 minutes). Be sure to rotate the baking sheet once halfway through the cooking process to ensure even browning.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the peppers to a serving platter. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired, and serve.
This super easy finger food of cheese-stuffed and bacon-wrapped jalapeno peppers makes a tasty snack or crowd-pleasing party appetizer.
Did you give cheesy bacon jalapenos a try? Let me know in the comments below or snap a photo and tag @coolbeanliving on Instagram. I’d love to see it!
Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Peppers
- 12 jalapeno peppers cut in half lengthwise
- 12 bacon slices cut in half
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place peppers on a lined baking sheet; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and garlic powder. Season with salt & black pepper as desired, and stir to combine.
- Fill each jalapeño half with some of the cheese mixture and wrap with one-half slice bacon. Secure bacon with a toothpick and set on the lined baking sheet
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake until the cheese mixture is golden-brown and bubbly, and the bacon is cooked through (approximately 20 minutes). Rotate the baking sheet once halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the peppers to a serving platter. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired, and serve.