Here’s a great recipe for just about every diet. Paleo-friendly, gluten-free, and dairy-free Spicy Avocado Deviled Eggs!
This blog post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Here’s a bit of a twist on classic deviled eggs. I’ve made them a bit more modern (and quite delicious) by creating avocado deviled eggs with a spicy kick.
This recipe accommodates a lot of different diets. It’s Paleo-friendly and is both gluten-free and dairy-free. Best of all, these deviled eggs are so yummy! Beware, they are addicting 🙂
Avocado deviled eggs are a perfect party starter. Be forewarned, they are a bit on the spicy side. If you prefer to tone down the heat, try using a bit less crushed red pepper. On the other hand, if you like it with a big kick, use more red pepper.
My favorite part of these deviled eggs is the avocado mayo. I use Chosen Foods Traditional Mayo. It tastes just like regular mayonnaise! Although it is dairy-free, it certainly doesn’t scrimp on taste. You’ll never notice the difference.
Spiced Avocado Deviled Eggs
I have recently found a new way to “hard boil” my eggs – in the air fryer! I know, you’re thinking I am crazy, but trust me on this one….it’s too easy! I didn’t include the cooking method in the recipe down below, simply because not everyone has an air fryer yet (not sure what you are waiting for, I absolutely love mine! You can find it here). If you’d like to try it, here’s my new favorite method:
Hard boil eggs in the air fryer:
- Place 8 eggs on the air fryer tray or in the basket
- Set temperature to 275, for 17 minutes
- When timer goes off, place eggs in ice bath for one minute
If you’ll be boiling the eggs the traditional way, add a few drops of the white wine vinegar to the water and it will make it much easier to peel the eggs.
These amazing deviled eggs made with avocado have a spicy kick to them. They are a great alternative to regular deviled eggs for those needing a gluten-free or Paleo option.
I hope you’ll give this spicy avocado deviled egg recipe a try and let me know how you like it in the comments below.
Spicy Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 8 large eggs
- 2 avocados peeled, seeded
- 1½ tbsp avocado mayo
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp paprika
- 1½ tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- 3 tbsp fresh minced parsley optional garnish
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place eggs in a large pot. Completely cover with two cold water. Bring to a rolling boil. Cover; turn off the heat. Let the eggs sit on the burner, covered, for 12 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and place them in a bowl of cold water for one minute to stop the cooking process. Gently peel and slice each egg in half lengthwise.
- Carefully remove the yolks with a spoon and transfer to a small mixing bowl. Set the cooked egg whites aside.
- Add the avocado, lemon juice, avocado mayonnaise, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika to the bowl with the yolks. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and mash everything together until well combined.
- Fill each egg half with a tablespoon of the avocado mixture and top with fresh parsley, if desired.